How to Fight Depression . . . . .
and WIN!

Many people who come to this website are simply wanting to know how to fight depression. They have suffered long enough and they are now ready to take the next step to healing themselves.

Did you know that over 19 million Americans suffer with the disease? Of that 19 million only 30% get treatment and will feel better within a matter of a couple of weeks. The other 70% suffer needlessly!

If you're serious about kicking depression to the curb once and for all, I invite you to schedule a consultation with me. As a National Certified Counselor, I specialized in helping people overcome depression for good! 

Interested? Simply click on the image on the righthand side of this page and let's talk!

If you're just exporing right now and you're not quite ready then keep on reading ...

How to Fight Depression

So, if you want to know how to beat this, you have come to the right place. There are several steps that you need to take. Each step will lead you down the road to recovery.

  • Take a depression test - this will help you to determine if you are, indeed, experiencing a clinical depressive disorder and, if so, how serious it really is.
  • Review the different types of depression and get a better idea as to which one may represent you.
  • Educate your self about depression medications
  • Review the different depression treatment options so that you can decide what course of action to take. 
  •  Also, I encourage you to take a look at the depression statistics. You will be amazed how common depressive disorders reallly are and you will discover that you are not alone! 

    Lastly, read up on the causes of depression. As you read this information you will clearly see that it is not your fault. Depressive disorders does not discriminate. It affects us all.

    There are many ways to fight it including therapy, medication, natural remedies, herbal remedies, music therapy, color therapy, light therapy and shock therapy. So many treatments exist and it is simply a matter of determining what treatment is best for you. That will depend on how severe it is, how long you have had it and other variables.

    Also, another technique when learning how to fight depression is to consider doing an analysis on your thought process. It is a known fact that it is not the negative events in your life but your perceptions and thoughts about the events that can create a negative emotional response.

    While it seems "trite" to suggest this, it really can make a difference to think positive thoughts. Think about your life as "half full" versus "half empty".

    Again, when you are in a sad, depressed state of mind this can be very difficult. As a result, I strongly encourage you to seek the help and support of a mental health professional. Often times, we develop a strong negative thought pattern that we don't even realize we have.

    One thing I do with my clients is to help them identify negative core beliefs by keeping a thought record. It's a record you keep that describes a particular situation, the mood you were in and the automatic thoughts that existed.

    In other words, what was going through your mind before you started feeling down? What negative thoughts do you consistently have about yourself? For instance, "I can't handle this", "I'm not good enough", "I'll never get out of this". These are negative thoughts that can hold you back for a very long time.

    There are so many things you can do when you want to know how to fight depression. The key is to decide "enough is enough" and begin to take action.

    Learn more about your treatment options by going back to the home page.

    Share this page:
    Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

    Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

    1. Click on the HTML link code below.
    2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.

    Happy family after overcoming depression- Depression Test
    depression consultation session
    depression consultation session