Need Answer

My husband was in a motorcycle accident and suffered head trauma. Now I think that he going through depression. He is always crying and wants me to gave him some space. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help?


Sorry to hear about your husband. If your husband has asked for space you should honor that. However, get more clarification as to what it means to "give him some space". Once you clarify that, let him know that you are there to support him in whatever capacity he needs. Even while you are giving him his space, it will be good for him to know that you are waiting in the wings, ready to help him in any way when he is ready.

Have you asked him why he is so upset and/or depressed? Perhaps he isn't ready to talk about it but, again, let him know you are ready to hear him and support him when he is ready.

Does he have a concussion? Have the doctors checked him out thoroughly? If both physical and mental symptoms continue to exist, I would encourage him to seek professional help on both accounts.

I wish I had more for you. Perhaps other readers will chime in and can give you some additional advice.

I wish you all the best,


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask a Question.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.